Eczema (also called Atopic Dermatitis) can be described as an itchy, scaly, sometimes leathery rash. These rashes are often red and inflamed and may include blisters that ooze and crust. It’s not uncommon for someone with eczema to itch these rashes until they bleed. Eczema may also be accompanied by Asthma.
The most common places for eczema to appear is on the face, scalp and hands as well as on the insides of the elbows, knees and ankles.
My daughter developed eczema as an infant. Her rashes would get so bad that they would bleed and she would cry from the pain. It broke my heart and all I wanted to do was help her!
Unfortunately, the doctors we saw told us there was no cure and that our best option was to treat her eczema with some commonly used topical prescriptions. We tried triple antibiotic ointments, cortisones and steroid creams. Although they worked to some degree, we were informed that long term use was not a good idea because it can thin the skin (see steroid atrophy). This was scary to me and not acceptable!
Thankfully, when my daughter was 5, I was introduced to a wellness company and the concept of preventative health. Instead of treating her symptoms, our focus changed to what could be causing the eczema in the first place! I learned that eczema is a result of an overly taxed immune system and that there were things we could do to lessen that load.
It totally worked and within 3 weeks her skin was completely healed.
So what did we do?
1) The first thing we did was detoxify our home. I boxed up all of our cleaning products, laundry and personal care products and put them in the garage. I then replaced them with safer products that I was able to purchase at wholesale from our new online wellness store. Anything that had toxic fumes or that came in contact with our skin was replaced.
2) We switched our daughter to a higher quality kid’s vitamin and started giving her grape seed extract every day.
3) We applied a healing lotion with tea tree oil to her skin twice a day.
We visibly watched her skin heal and within 3 weeks her eczema was gone! 🙂
That was many years ago and it has never come back.
Today, there are other things I would recommend in addition to the 3 steps listed above to strengthen your immune system even more.
These would include:
- Avoiding grains, processed foods and added sugars.
- Choosing organic/grass-fed foods when possible
- Eating lots of high fiber and probiotic rich foods.
- Supplementing with a high quality omega-3 supplement
- Making sure your vitamin d level is around 50 ng/ml (or more).
If you or one of your children are suffering with the pain and irritation of eczema, I hope hearing our story will help you! Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.
To Your Health!
P.S. This TOXIC TIMEBOMB VIDEO reveals 5 of the most common, everyday toxic products that could be making you and your family sick plus where to find safe replacements.
Make sure to share the love by commenting and sharing this with those you think would be interested! Thanks